Under a contract with the County of Santa Clara, Valley Health Foundation (VHF) is administering the School-Based Wellness Center Grant Program. $12.1 million in program funds will be available ($10.1 million currently allocated, with an additional $2 million to be heard at the County of Santa Clara Board of Supervisors meeting on October 3, 2023). This funding is made possible through (1) Federal Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), (2) State of California Mental Health Services Act funds, and (3) State of California Juvenile Justice Crime Prevention Act and Youthful Offender Block Grant funds.
Guided by the School-Based Behavioral Health Wellness Centers Expansion Operational Plan, public school districts and Local Education Agencies (LEA) within Santa Clara County may be eligible to apply for funds to open a new wellness center, supplement services at an existing wellness center, and/or strengthen and build operational infrastructure. Eligible schools include K-6, K-7, K-8, middle schools, and high schools located in Santa Clara County.
Applications will be due by October 20, 2023, 5:00 pm PST. Late applications will not be accepted. FAQs and a Bidder’s Conference on September 20, 2023 will provide further information.
- Notice of Funding Availability
- School District Application - only one application per Santa Clara County public school district. It is recommended that one individual coordinate and submit the School District Application and the Individual School Application(s). Districts must submit a School Application for each school seeking funding.
Valley Health Foundation Submission Manager - School-Based Behavioral Health Wellness Center District Application (submittable.com)
- Individual School Application - to be submitted by the school district. An Individual School Application submitted without a District Application will not be considered. It is recommended that one individual coordinate and submit the School District Application and the School Application(s).
Valley Health Foundation Submission Manager - School-Based Behavioral Health Wellness Center School Application (submittable.com)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Training Guide
- Informational Webinar - On September 20, 2023, Valley Health Foundation presented an informational webinar regarding the Notice of Funding Availability for the School-Based Wellness Center Grant Program. The recording is available below and presentation slides can be downloaded by clicking here.
For questions about the School-Based Wellness Center Grant Program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.